Thursday, January 22, 2015

Irish Soda Bread

I'm trying to set a goal to accomplish each week.
I decided that this weeks goal would be to bake something. 

Lo and behold! 
I have baked something!

I was anticipating this taking two days or an entire day to accomplish but I was able to do it within 90 minutes. 
It helped that the bug went down for a nice nap and also that the recipe I decided to bake is about as easy as they come. 

Courtesy of my sister-in-law, here is a quick and delicious recipe for Irish soda bread.



  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a loaf pan.
  • In a bowl, mix 2 cups flour, 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour, 1/3 cup sugar, 1/2 cup bran, 1 1/8 tsp salt, 1 1/8 tsp baking soda. Mix in 2 cups buttermilk and stir to combine.
  • Pour into loaf pan and bake for 1 hour. 
  • Let cool slightly then serve and enjoy!

My other goal this week was to start going for walks and so far so good.
My sister came over yesterday and helped walk the dog while I had the stroller. We were out for a solid hour. It also helped that the weather was pretty decent. 
If only the dog was better at walking on her leash... 

Also amazing? I changed the sheets on the bed yesterday. Sleeping on fresh sheets is the best. Plus they had been stored in John's wooden chest for awhile so they kind of smell like camping. 
Small pleasures. 


No comments:

Post a Comment