Saturday, March 22, 2014

Quick & Easy (and delicious) Brownies


It's been too long since I've added any baking posts.
Partly because I haven't been doing much baking.
This week I got the bug and after making a nice dinner on Thursday night, I took a quick glance through my Canadian Living Baking book for a Brownie recipe.
I used the 'Super Chocolate Chunk Fudge Brownies'  recipe but left out a few steps & ingredients.
The result was a deliciously moist and soft brownie with that trademark flaky chocolaty crust on top. 
I seriously don't think I'll ever make brownies from a box ever again, or use another recipe.
This one is the best I've ever made.


  • Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
  • Over medium heat, melt 1/3 cup butter with 3/4 cup sugar and 2 tbsp water in a saucepan. Remove from heat and add in 3/4 cup chocolate chips (I used both sweet and semi-sweet chips), stir until melted. Allow the chocolate mixture to cool.
  • Whisk in 2 eggs, one at a time, then add in 1 tsp vanilla.
  • In a separate bowl, sift together 3/4 cup flour, 1/4 tsp baking soda, 1/4 tsp salt. Pour into the chocolate mixture and stir to combine. 
  • Pour into a greased brownie pan and bake for about 30 minutes. Let cool then cut and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment