Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Valentine's Day Round-Up

Valentine's Day is one of those polarizing holidays that people either love or detest.
Personally I love it. But I love any reason to celebrate.
While I understand (and support) the "you should treat every day like Valentine's day" argument, you better actually be doing romantic things on the reg to back up your argument.

But since I love to celebrate, I've rounded up 5 of my current favourite Valentine DIY ideas.

Let me know if you have some good ideas of your own!


1. Black, White & Glittered Valentine's Day card


The card is simple and elegant. I'd follow the Style Me Pretty lead and glitter my hearts in gold either by gluing then glittering them or by tracing them with glitter pens.
Then be sure to print out the envelope liner below to jazz up the way you present your card.

(The link for the card is here)




(You can open the link for the envelope liner here)

2. Rose Body Scrub



If you're looking for a DIY Valentine's Day gift I recommend this rose body scrub from Oh So Pretty.
You can follow the step by step instructions on the website here. Just go out and grab yourself some coarse & fine sea salt, rose essential oil & jojoba oil.

3. Less Mushy, More Silly


Because sometimes "There's no one else I'd rather lay in bed & look at my phone with" is way more accurate and heart felt than anything else.
The PDFs can be printed here



4. For the Book Lover


Valentine's Day DIY Book Jackets


This is such a cute idea.
Follow the DIY valentine's day dust jacket tutorial over at Juniper Books here.

5. Talk Cake to Me
 Valentine's Day recipes: Easy to make (and so yummy!) Valentine's Day Candy Cake



The idea comes from All You and can be found here
I love the different use for he conversation hearts and might make a few individual cakes like this.  


What are your thoughts on Valentine's  Day?







No comments:

Post a Comment