Sunday, February 2, 2014

Super Bowl Super Food


I realize kick off is in less than an hour and the odds of anyone reading this now when you're likely feasting & drinking & watching the pre-game shows (if you're even watching football at all) but I came up with a ridiculously unhealthy and therefore appropriate Super Bowl snack.

I call it - Mac & Cheese Rolls.

I saw something similar and also had deep fried mac & cheese balls a week ago when I went out with a friend so that was the inspiration behind this snack.


  • Cook macaroni and cheese according to the box. After draining the water, mix the cheese powder with a 1/4 cup milk and 1/2 cup sour cream (full fat, don't you dare skimp on fat here. This is the Super Bowl). Add the noddles back in and mix it all together. 
  • Set aside a small bowl for yourself. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Roll out 1 pkg puff pastry on a floured surface. Spread mac & cheese on the pastry, leaving about an inch border all around.Sprinkle shredded cheese over top of the macaroni. 
  • Roll up the puff pastry, tucking the ends under and placing the roll seam-side down on a baking sheet.
  • Bake for about 20 minutes or until the puff pastry begins to turn a golden brown. 
  • Eat the small bowl of mac & cheese you set aside for yourself in step 2.
  • Allow each roll to cool then slice and serve (Best served with a cheesy dipping sauce) !

Go Bronchawks! 
I normally like to cheer for the underdog but I'm also a fan of Manning (based largely on his hilarious SNL hosting gig years back)... so while I'm leaning towards cheering for Denver... I don't know. I also quite like Sherman (based largely on a buzzfeed list).

Either way, enjoy the game & the food!



No comments:

Post a Comment