Saturday, February 15, 2014

Sip Wine Bar


To celebrate Valentine's Day, on Thursday night John and I went to Sip Wine Bar.
I walk passed it every time I go to and home from the subway and I've anxiously waited to go since the sign showed up in the window saying Sip Wine Bar, coming soon.

When it opened I read about it in Toronto Life and my need to go got a bit more urgent. 

So, since John would be gone on Friday, we got ourselves a table on Thursday night.
And it was worth the wait.


We shared a bottle of riesling from Rosehall Run in Prince Ed County (where we may go for our 2nd anniversary). 


The pizza's are true Neapolitan style and delicious. 
I ordered the Aduja pizza which comes with mozarella cheese, anduja sausage, and basil.
It was very flavourful and I was heartbroken when I pulled the remained out of the fridge the next day to eat and in the few seconds that I had turned around, the dog had gotten a hold of the corner of the tin foil and pulled it onto the floor. Half she ran off with, so... not edible. And the other half was face down on the floor so...also not edible.
Heartbreak.
John opted for the Sip pizza - half is mozarella cheese, muchrooms and basil, and the other half is folded like a calzone and stuffed with ricotta and prosciutto cotto. 
I tried the calzone half and it was to die for. 


The aftermath.
John did significantly better with his pizza than I did.
I filled up on the bread with the hummus and the amazing tapenade.


And to finish a very romantic night, John got me a dozen gorgeous red roses.


Find out more about Sip Wine Bar here and make a reservation to go check it out.

Hope everyone's Valentine's Day was full of love, whether you celebrated or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment