Monday, December 16, 2013

Red Velvet Christmas Chip Cookies


The first step in getting better is admitting you have a problem.
I have a problem.
My diet as of late has been shameful.
Just absolutely shameful.

I wake up and the first thing I do after brushing my teeth is I throw on a bunch of layers and take the dog for a long walk in the park. 
Usually I grab something to stuff into my mouth as I'm heading out the door and this, unfortunately, is usually a cookie or 2 or 3 Quality Street chocolates. 

Then I get home and have another cookie or more chocolates and make myself a giant mug of coffee.
Then I'll think about having a real meal.
But you better believe there are plenty more holiday treats sprinkled in between.

I should probably slow down on the sugar.

Anyway, it was a sugar craving and need to get into the kitchen that got me making these cake based cookies.


They're soft and chewy (or can be crispy if you don't put them into an airtight container) and delicious.

  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix 1 box of red velvet cake mix with 1 egg, 1/2 cup softened butter and 2 tbsp canola oil
  • Mix in 1 cup green & red mini m&ms.
  • Drop a tablespoon of dough on a greased cookie sheet and press flat. Bake for 10-12 minutes then let cool. 
  • Place cookies in an airtight container to maintain their softness.



And that's it!
Easy and delicious and festively coloured for the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment