Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Introducing Reese!

Christmas came early for me this year!
 
After months (years?) of not so subtlety hinting that I wanted a dog, John surprised me with the greatest gift ever.
 
We went to see our puppy one night about 2 weeks ago then made our final decision and brought her home on Friday November 1st!
 
So without further ado, I'd like to introduce you all to my little love bug and the newest member of our family.
 
Introducing:  
 
 
She's a 5 month old German Wirehaired Pointer.
She is just the sweetest. We've been on a bunch of walks (still learning not to pull me into traffic) and I finally worked up the courage to let her play off leash at the park. She understands 'come' and never strays too far from me which calms my fears that she'll just take off.
 
She's almost completely housebroken, just a few accidents here and there.
 
And she's a real snuggle bug.
She loves being hugged and curling up against me for naps.
 
I'm in love!
 
Still learning to love her is our boy Murray, who hid under the couch for the first two days but now has somewhat begrudgingly accepted her presence.
He lets her get pretty close to him now without growling or hissing.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment