Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Another Month, Another Fitness Goal

As seems to be the trend at the beginning of each month, I have once again resolved to live a bit healthier.
This means being more active on a regular basis and eating more home cooked meals instead of opting for the easy but costly (and terrible for you) drive-thru purchases.
 
I have challenged myself to run 75 km this month.
I have signed up for bootcamp classes.
I want to see if I can do yoga once a week.
And I got this great app that walks you through a bunch of exercises as well as short workouts.
It's called My Fitness Buddy and it might be my new favourite.
 
 
 
I did one of the glute workouts, an 11 minute series of exercises doing 20 reps of each with 15 second rests.
You can choose to use your body weight or to add weights.
There are a pretty decent number of workout routines to choose from that I don't think I'll get sick of it for a long time.
It doesn't give you any cardio though so you have to incorporate your own.
 

 
As I mentioned before, it walks you through each exercise which is perfect for people like me who know all of 5 exercises to do in the gym.
 
I'm hoping in the next 2 months to put on some muscle and to get in the habit of incorporating strength training into my routine.
 
I'm very excited to try this bootcamp out today.
I anticipate being very sore tomorrow.
And maybe crying a little bit.
 
I don't do well with being yelled at.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment