Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Happy List: 09/07/13

 
On Sunday I went for a run - the first I've gone for in too long - and I was in such a good mood afterward. I was out in the hot, humid sunshine and came back absolutely drenched in sweat. There is nothing sweeter than hoping into a cool shower after a run like that.
 
I went to the gym yesterday for a run on the treadmill and it put me in a great mood - especially since I was coming off a night shift and getting ready for an evening shift. I had given myself a pass to sleep literally until the moment I had to leave for work but I was up earlier than expected and made my way down to the gym.
 
Add in listening to the steady pounding of the rain last night from the comfort of the quiet nursing station.
 
I got lucky and avoided all of the horrible road closures, TTC delays, and flooding that literally swamped the city last night.
 
But all of these things made me want to keep track of the things that make me happy each day.
I'm generally a positive person but not always when it comes to myself.
So rather than getting bogged down with the negatives I'm working on concentrating on all of the things that make me feel good.
 
Today:
  • Laying in bed for hours after I wake up, watching The Killing
  • Yogurt & Berries and giant mugs of coffee
  • Good music to accompany a good run
  • Snuggles with my cat
  • Pickle in a pouch
  • Dinner and drinks with friends - one who's back from San Francisco for a few days!
     
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment