Saturday, June 1, 2013

Feel Good Friday: Dates on the Fly

Sorry I'm technically a day late. I guess the last feel good Friday was also posted on a Thursday so...clearly I don't adhere to strict deadlines.
 
Last weekend was probably the most fun I've had in a long time.
On Friday night I got together with some friends from middle school for drinks.
We had a reunion a month or so ago and since then have managed to stay in touch with has been really nice.
 
Our original plan involved a patio but my goodness it was cold.
We braved a patio for a bit, huddled close to the heating lamps, and then moved locations to another bar, also on a patio, but at least with a roof.
 
 
On Saturday morning I got a text from my good friend and talented soap-maker/cake-decorator/smartest-person-I-know asking if I had any plans.
I didn't so we came up with an impromptu date to walk around the Chinatown/Kensington area of Toronto and grab lunch somewhere.
After a nice lunch at Springrolls we enjoyed the sun and shops in the area.
This involved trying on a fancy dress of kitten fabric, trying on numerous tiny hats, and sampling a buying donuts, cheese, and pretzel bread.
 


 
 
After taking some pictures with a $90 slab of cheese, sampling some rather expensive kinds, and buying a slab of gouda to split, we found some greenspace and sat on the swings in the park.


 
It was one of those days where we had no real plans but everything lined up perfectly.
We have plans to go back and do it again - there are too many Mexican restaurants there that need to be given a fair shot.
 
Thanks again for such a wonderful day Danie!

No comments:

Post a Comment