Saturday, April 13, 2013

Birthdays & Blue Jays & Sammies

 
I think when it becomes a habit to go so long in between blog posts I can stop apologizing for my absences.
 
While I haven't completely gotten out of my slump yet (my plenty-o'-days-off has helped) I've been trying to keep myself busy with things.
 
Like baking!
My dad and my sister's boyfriend both celebrated birthdays (on Sunday and Tuesday, respectively) so I ate a lot of red velvet cake. My mom bought these incredible huge cupcakes from costco and I made a batch of cake pops the day after.
I have to say these were my best batch yet (ed note: I've made 2 batches. Ever.)
The recipe I used called for coffee in the batter which gave the cake an interesting extra flavour. I'll find the recipe and post it later.
 
 
I've also been fortunate enough to have gone to 2 Blue Jays games so far this season including the home opener. Unfortunately they lost both games (as, also unfortunately, seems to be the trend so far) but I can't say I didn't have fun.
The opener was the most packed I've ever seen the SkyDome and despite getting beaten embarassingly by the Red Sox, for my dad's birthday we got to see two - count 'em, TWO - fans run onto the field and be taken off in handcuffs. On seperate occasions in separate innings. The first guy slide into second then took off so fast he almost made it over the outfield wall. So close. The second guy.... well, he got dragged out by his shirt by two police officers.
 
I've also been running a lot and going to the gym (including a squat challenge for the month) which has been good for my mood and my health.

 
Having not slept very well last night, then working from 7-3, then not being able to nap before work tonight, I debated calling in sick. But after a very headachey and dizzy walk to get sandwiches for dinner, I filled my belly with a chicken sandwich from this place and was able to take a quick 1 hour nap.

 
Boar sandwiches on Yonge, near Davisville. Hidden almost behind another restaurant, just off on a side street called Glebe.  
Brother to the Black Camel, famous for their sandwiches.

 
I got the chicken sandwich (cause they were out of sausage) with lemon garlic aioli, caramelized onions, roasted red peppers and provolone cheese.
It was delicious and very filling and now I really want to try the Black Camel.
 
Anyway, that's it for now.
I'll try to post more regularly if I can!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment