Saturday, March 16, 2013

Chicken Stew

Sorry I've been MIA again.
I have a bad habit of promising myself I won't work so much and then I accept shift after shift after shift.
Then I get too tired to do anything worth blogging about.
 
I was fortunate enough to have the whole day to myself (I'm at work now but I slept in til 11 and was lazy with a capital L) so after talking myself into NOT skipping the gym (I'm trying to go for runs more frequently again), I went for a walk to buy some vegetables.
I was craving a chicken stew.
 
This has got to be the easiest dinner I've ever made.
 
I also baked up some orange cranberry scones from a mix that I got in my stocking at Christmas.
They were so good that I essentially canceled out my run after the second giant slab I ate.
 
Since the weather is still winter-like and cold, this stew is perfect for warming you up.
 
 
  • Cut 3 potatoes into small wedges. Cut leeks, zucchini, and cauliflower into desired size chunks. Chop kale into bite sized pieces.
  • In a large pot, bring 1 can of cream of chicken soup to a boil and add in vegetables. Add in 1 packet of chicken broth (or a can if you have one) and 1/2 cup milk.
  • Slice and cook chicken until ready. I used a pre-cooked chicken which made for peices that had the same texture as pulled pork. To do this you just need to boil the chicken until it's cooked and then pull it with forks.
  • Serve over bean sprouts and dig in!
 
I promise to return with my safari pictures and stories! I would have done so this post but I didn't bring my travel diary with me and I want to share my exact words from the trip!
They're coming :)
 

 

1 comment: