Saturday, December 22, 2012

3 Days Til Christmas: Sugar Cookies Galore!

 
THREE DAYS!
It's a bit ridiculous how quickly Christmas has snuck up on us this year. For me anyway it feels like just yesterday I was walking down the aisle in the hot humid August air.
 
But here we are!
It's been raining for most of the week in Toronto but there was some hail coming down this evening on my drive into work.
Perhaps we'll have at least a white pre-Christmas.
 
The holidays are going to be a busy time - especially since I'm working every night this wekeend, off for the 24th, then back for nights on the 25th and 26th, then driving (correction: John is driving while I pass out in the passenger seat) to the Ottawa area on the morning of the 27th to visit with my family for a few days.
I was scheduled to work the night of the 28th which was going to make for a lot of driving in 2 days but one of my wonderful co-workers agreed to work for me so I have a whole bunch of days off which excites me to no end.
I'm off from the 26th until Jan 2nd!
Glorious.
 
I'm giving away a lot here - apologies to those involved.
Every year we do a secret Santa-esque gift exchange among my cousins.
For part of my gift I'm going to get busy in the kitchen as this person is a big fan of a particular type of cookie.
I'm going to give him/her a selection of sugar cookies!
 
Here are the recipes I plan to use:
(all pictures and recipes are from Marthastewart.com)
 
 
 
4. Basic Vanilla Sugar Cookies (followed up with instructions here)
 
 
I also still have some of the poppyseed sugar cookies I made previously so if those are still good I'll put some of those into the mix!
 

 

1 comment:

  1. This will definitely be a hit. :) Glad you will be
    around for a little while now too.

    ReplyDelete