Thursday, November 8, 2012

I'm Back! Adventure Planning

Sorry it's been awhile.
I've been working like crazy and really (really) enjoying my free time.
Mainly by doing a whole lot of nothing and watching a heck of a lot of TV.
I did start to feel guilty about being so lazy so I registered myself in a free online Intro to Oncology Nursing course.
Also in the exciting news department: John and I bought a car!
We got a 2008 Mazdan 3 sedan.
I love it so very very much.
It's so wonderful to no longer have to ask our parents to borrow a car anytime we need to get somewhere the TTC won't take us.

Look at me: married, working a real job, and now a car owner.
I feel like a real-life grown up.

I've been slacking in the baking/cooking department but with the holidays fast approaching I think that's going to change.
I picked up a ton of shifts this month so the kitchen adventures will likely be on hold until December. But that works quite well with John's imposed no-Christmas-until-December-1st rules.

I did make John a lovely salmon dinner last night so I'll post the recipe for it at the bottom of this post.

The other big news is that we are almost completely booked for our honeymoon!
We'll be heading off to Tanzania in early February for the most awesome adventure yet.

First on the docket is a 7 day climb to the highest peak in Africa, Mt. Kilimanjaro!



One thing (among thousands) that I love about my husband is how adventurous he is. This was his idea and I jumped right on board.
Hopefully it doesn't further fuel his desire to climb Everest.
(Note: I won't let him)

Post grueling climb and satisfied but exhausted decent, we will find ourselves on a week long Safari through Serengeti National Park.

It's something I've always always wanted to do and it'll be such a perfect way to relax after our torturous climb.

Can't wait to get up close and personal with the animals.


*Not that close.

If you're at all interested in doing a trip like this you can check out the full itinerary here (I know, it's very pricey. But if you're going to climb a mountain, best to do it before you've started saving for a house, had kids, etc. At least that's how we're rationalizing it).

I've got to get my butt back in the gym now on a regular basis to train for this trip.
Running, strength exercises... it begins again.
I need to blog about my progress because if I'm not held accountable I will continue to watch entire seasons of TV shows (Revenge!) in my pajamas while eating bags of halloween candy.
Hold me accountable.
Please. It's for my own good.


....Aaand if mountain-trekking ain't your thang, and you'd rather cook yourself a delicious (according to the fish eater in the house) and healthy dinner then look no further.

Martha Stewart's Hoisin-Lime Salmon


Recipe here

John tasted & approved.

1 comment: