Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wedding Wednesday: Vows

Writing our own vows was not something I was completely set on but it was something I did want to include. It's a nice way to personalize the ceremony and to let your soon-to-be spouse know all of the things you love about them and what you promise to bring to the relationship.
 
To ensure we didn't go in complete opposite directions with our vows since we were keeping them secret from one another, we followed a format where we started with a little introduction, the things we loved about each other, and what we wanted to promise to each other.
 
Since we got married outdoors by the water without a microphone, not everyone got to hear our vows.
My aunt asked if I would post them so here they are!
 
Currently our vows are up in a frame on our wall surrounded by pictures from that amazing day.
It's a nice way to remind ourselves of how incredible our wedding was and how excited we are to spend the rest of our lives together.
 
 
 
John's Vows
 
Jamie,
We've done so much and been on so many adventures together, and we always manage to have a great time. Whether paddling a sailboat for hours and hours because the wind died, or wandering lost around Venice at night, we've always made it through together.
I could never hope to find anyone more perfect to travel through life with. We've alays fit together like puzzle pieces and it's incredible to think that our next adventure together will be as husband and wife.
While I don't regret a single day I've spent with you, I can honestly say that if I had my life to live over again I would only change one thing: I would have found you sooner.
I vow to do everything I can to make you happy. I'll make you tea when you're cold, save you the end piece of bread when you're hungry. Give you confidence when you feel insecure. And always make you feel appreciated and beautiful.
I vow to be everything I can for you and spend everyday from now til the end building an incredible life together with you -
as long as you stop cracking your knuckles.  
 
My vows
 
I knew a month into our relationship that I loved you. I thought for sure I was crazy but with every day that has passed since then I've found something new to love about you. I love you because you make me laugh, you make me feel safe, and you make me feel important. I love you because you genuinely care about how my day was and because you make the best scrambled eggs in the world. I love that sometimes we slow dance in the kitchen and sometimes we end up on the floor laughing. I even love that you know most episodes of mash by heart as well as several movies in their entireties. And I don't just mean scripts, I'm talking describing commercials within the movie and when tape 1 of Braveheart ends and tape 2 begins.
You've been my boyfriend, my roommate, my fiance and in moments you'll be my husband. No matter the title, you'll always be the person I can't wait to see when I get home and the person who knows all of my weird annoying habits and still loves me despite them. You make me happier than I ever knew I could be and you are more than I ever dreamed I deserved.
I promise to be true to you, to always be there for you and to support you in everything that you do. I promise to be your cheerleader, your #1 fan. I promise to watch biologist and extreme angler Jeremy Wade fish for river monsters with you and to only ever watch Jersey Shore or anything with the Kardashian's when you're not home. I promise to try and make you laugh every day and I promise to keep discovering new things to love about you. I'll even let you be little spoon more often.
I promise that no matter where we go or what we do, everyday will be an adventure and that I'll be just as excited in fifty years as I am today knowing that I get to spend my life with you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment