Monday, September 24, 2012

Chicken Cordon Bleu

One nice thing about having a real job (plural actually - jobS) is that I'm seeing my savings account creep back up to an acceptable level. And it's doing it faster than ever before.
Between my 2 nursing jobs I get paid every Friday. It's amazing.
At the place I work casually I've been doing my orientation shifts and they are unfortunately coming to an end next week, so I won't be guaranteed any hours.
And then the pay days will likely take a bit of a hit.

Until then I'm enjoying making money.
It sucks, though, because my moments of free time have been few and far between.
But I'm sure I'll be complaining that I'm poor when I'm sitting at home with no work.

I neglected to blog anything all of last week so this week I'm going to try to be better.

Over a week ago I found a recipe in Everyday Food for lighter chicken cordon bleu.
It being my night to make dinner, I got everything I needed and made it for us to enjoy on the balcony.

It's really really easy and looks and tastes like you put way more effort into it than you really did.


So inspired by Everyday Food, here's how to make
Lighter Chicken Cordon Bleu


 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover baking sheet with tinfoil (this makes eating the melted cheese from a lot easier. Cleaning too). Cover the tinfoil with panko bread crumbs.
2. Butterfly 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. On one side of the opened chicken breast place 3 slices of lean ham. Cover with 2 slices of light swiss cheese.
3. Seal in the goodness by securing the butterflied chicken with toothpicks. Place chicken on the panko bread crumbs. Spray the top of each breast with cooking spray then coat with more panko bread crumbs.
4. Bake for about 30-45 minutes, until chicken is cooked. Then serve and enjoy!


Also: I've officially been married for one month as of today!
Happy one-monthiversary to my amazing husband.
I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment