Monday, April 30, 2012

Fun with Puff Pastry

Saturday night was my friends' Stag & Doe and it was a success.
The games were fun, the company was great, and the food was plentiful.
My contribution (food-wise) consisted of things I could do with puff pastry.
I went with the tried and true brie and balsamic red pepper jelly combo that I used for my friends' engagement party, and by request I made apple and brie also. I changed it up a bit though and made apple and brie turnovers rather than on puff pastry squares.
I also made the always declicious pizza-esque tomato, basil, and cheddar puff pastry tart.




To keep the middle pieces from becoming so soggy that you can't lift them off the pan, bake the puff pastry for a few minutes before adding the toppings. Then, once the cheese is melted and the edges gently browning, cut the tart into peices, seperate them, and bake them again for a few minutes.


These were a good idea. They're a good idea for any party where you know you'll be in the company of brie lovers.

Anyway that's it for now - if you want to get puff pastry crazy I highly recommend it. You can go sweet or savoury and use practically any combination of flavours and ingredients you want.
Some day I'll try to make my own puff pastry. It's a super intense process ... so, one day.
Not today.

No comments:

Post a Comment