Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Cookie Countdown: Chocolate Cranberry Lemon Squares

Sorry today is a 2-for-1 but only because yesterday's post failed to actually be posted.
But I'm still on track so I'm happy.
Today I stopped into Sugar Mountain to get my usual mix of chocolate covered everything and I was inspired when I saw the chocolate covered cranberries.
Cranberries are very holiday-esque so I figured I'd bring them home and bake them into some kind of cookie.
Instead I found a lemon square recipe and figured lemon and cranberry go very well together....why not?
Also, my square pan is in the sink and I'm too lazy to wash it so I baked it in a round cake pan.


  • Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, mix together 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup butter, and 1/4 cup powdered sugar. Press into a squares pan and bake for 20 minutes.
  • Beat 1 cup sugar, 2 tbsp lemon juice, 1/2 tsp baking powder, and 2 eggs together for about 3 minutes, until light and fluffy. Mix in 2/3 cup chocolate covered cranberries. Pour into crust.
  • Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Deeeeeelicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment