Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Few of My New Favourite Things

As you may (or may not) be aware, I've gone cold turkey on junk food and subsequently the majority of carbohydrate-loaded foods because bread is my #1 vice and I cannot eat normal portions of pasta.
I've now gone 5 whole days without consuming sugar.
It's horrible.
But my body's sugar cravings are in their death throws. They've almost worked themselves out of my system.

I've eaten a ton of vegetables this week and I'm feeling good.
I went shopping after work today and was poking around the vegetarian section when lo and behold, I came across this amazing product that I've read about but never before seen:


It's pasta but it's not! It's tofu!
It's also only 40 calories for the entire package.
Ridiculous!
I could eat bowl after bowl of this stuff and never gain a pound.
I made the package of angel hair shirataki (I also got spaghetti and fettucini) and tried it with chicken and soy sauce.
Really good.
I'm so happy I found this!

Second: I tried this for the first time this morning and I'm in love.


I had the Apple Pie flavour and it's exactly like taking a bite of apple pie.
I need to stock up on this gum. I want to try the other two as well.

That's it for today. I've worked all week so far and I have an exam on Monday that I should probably study for somewhat.

Tomorrow is the first of December!
We had our first real snowfall today and I also heard my first Christmas song on the radio (perfectly timed with the falling snow) so I'm ready to get into the festive spirit.
Staying true to my promise, I'm embarking on the Christmas Cookie Countdown.
I've been baking ahead to ensure I don't miss a day.
Expect daily posts until Christmas!
And leave suggestions if you have a holiday favourite you enjoy baking.

1 comment:

  1. Right on for you making positive changes! I'm sure it's hard (mainly because I crumble at every attempt) but I've heard it takes 30 days to develop new habits.
    Wow, by the way, every day?!? That's impressive.
    I make nutmeg muffins for every potluck dinner held in the winter (mainly because I'm bad at baking, but this I can do).

    ReplyDelete