Monday, July 18, 2011

Cottage Weekends

One of the best parts of summer is being able to spend time outside in the sun relaxing.
I was at my grandmother's cottage this weekend to celebrate her birthday and to float around in the lake and soak up as much sun as possible.
The water temperature was amazing and though the water level was pretty low, we were able to find lots of great swimming areas that weren't too weedy.

There was a great full moon on Saturday night:


We went for a pancake breakfast on Sunday morning at Wheeler's Pancake House.
We went into the maple syrup museum they have there and I had to take a picture of the molds on the wall because there was no way I could hide them all under my shirt.


My grandmother's birthday was on Saturday so I made her a cake. In an attempt to beat the heat I found a recipe for a no-bake cheesecake so we wouldn't have to heat the cottage up by turning on the oven.
It's an easy and delicious recipe from Kraft.

No-Bake Cheesecake


  • Melt 1/4 cup butter. Mix in 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs with a fork. Press into the bottom of a springform pan or a cake pan fitted with aluminum foil. Put crust in the fridge to harden.
  • Beat together 3 packages of softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tsp vanilla. Whisk in 3 cups thawed Cool Whip. Pour into crust and put the cake back into the fridge for at least 4 hours.
  • Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment