Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Internet! And Earl Grey Tea Cookies!

I've been MIA again but this time I had a very valid excuse.
John was in Chatham, Ontario doing some work for the past week and he took his laptop with him to get some work done. That left me with no working computer. So as much as I wanted to I was unable to get onto the internet. I switched my phone plan so I have unlimited social stuff - facebook, twitter, etc, but I can't browse the internet on my blackberry.
Woah is me.
But I'm back!

I did the Mitsubishi City Chase with my friend Kashyap on Saturday and it was so much fun. We began the morning at Yonge-Dundas Square and were given a clue to find the location of our cheat sheets. Once we grabbed our cheat sheets from Nathan Phillips Square, we had to solve some clues to find the 40 locations where we could collect chase points. Once you found the location you travelled to it and then completed an activity. We did a photo scavenger hunt, ate organic dog food, pushed a car, played wheelchair basketball, and retrieved hockey pucks from a pool among other things.
It was a ton of fun and a great way to experience the city.
If there's one in your city or if there's one in a city you would like to see I highly recommend participating in it!

Before John left for his week away, I asked him if there was anything he would like to take with him. He told me one of the girls on his crew had requested earl grey tea cookies. I've made them a few times but to mixed results. The cookie is of the ice box variety and as such, often has waaaaay to much butter to hold its shape when I bake it.
Not wanting to get realy frustrated and throw out batch after batch of cookies, I changed the recipe slightly.

For delicious, fool proof tea cookies follow this recipe!
(and feel free to substitute any other type of tea you want in place of earl grey)

Jamie's Earl Grey Tea Cookies

  • In a bowl, beat together 1 1/2 cup sugar, 1 cup butter, 1 tsp vanilla, and 1 egg.
  • In a seperate bowl, mix together 2 1/2 cups flour and 1 tsp baking soda. Cut open 8 earl grey tea bags and mix the tea into the dry ingredients. Stir into the butter mixture and mix until combined.
  • Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Roll out half of dough on a floured surface. Cut out cookies into desired shapes and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
  • Bake for 7-8 minutes then let cool and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment