Friday, March 25, 2011

Cinnamon Buns

It's Friday, Friday. And you gotta get down on Friday.
I assume you have by now seen this....this...monstrosity of a song/video, for lack of a better word.
But as Ms. Black points out, everybody is looking forward to the weekend.
Partying, partying (yeah)...
...fun fun fun...
Bah.
It's been stuck in my head for days now and I die a little each time I catch myself singing it.

Moral of the story is that if this girl can become a viral sensation overnight, I'd like to speak with someone at Ark Music so that my rap career can get underfoot.

Presented today for class - went very well!
Only a few more things to slave over and hand in before freedom!
Let the countdown begin!

As it stands now: 3 papers. 1 portfolio. 1 short presentation. 2 exams.

Last weekend I made cinnamon buns. They were pretty goodand were pretty easy to make. I find I always have a hard time getting enough of the inner goodness in the ratio of roll-to-sugar. I always wish I had added more sugar and butter but as I'm doing it I think "ughhh this is sooo much!" It's a no win situation.

But now that I've talked you out of making cinnamon buns, this recipe is easy to make, takes very little prep, and does yield some tasty and gooey buns.

Cinnamon Buns
(Courtesy of Canadianliving.com)


  • Line 12-inch (30 cm) pizza pan with parchment paper or dust lightly with flour; set aside.
  • In large bowl, whisk together 3 cups flour, 2 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp baking powder, 3/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp baking soda. With pastry blender, cut in 2/3 cup cold butter, cut into cubes until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In separate bowl, whisk 1 - 1 1/4 cup buttermilk with 1 egg; pour over dry ingredients and stir with fork to make soft dough.
  • With floured hands, press dough into ball. On lightly floured surface, knead gently 10 times. Roll out to 16- x 11-inch (40 x 28 cm) rectangle .
  • Cinnamon Filling: Spread 3 tbsp melted butter over dough, leaving 1/2-inch (1 cm) border along 1 long edge. Sprinkle butter with *1/2 cup chopped pecans*(optional), 1/3 cup brown sugar and 2 tsp cinnamon. Starting at side opposite border, roll up evenly into log; pinch seam to seal.
  • Using serrated knife, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick slices; arrange on pizza pan. Bake in centre of 400°F (200°C) oven until golden, about 15 minutes. (Make-ahead: Let cool; set aside for up to 2 hours.)
Serve and enjoy! These are best enjoyed while still warm, straight out of the oven.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment