Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I Dare You

For something a little different, I thought it might be fun to find some awful recipes.
Not ones that you make up by throwing together all the mismatched flavours you have in your kitchen.
Oh no.
Recipes that actually exist. And have been published!
So I dare you to try these out. They're cheap, require a minimal time investement, and sick curiosity really wants me to make these ...y'know...just to see...
Love ham?
Love it even more when it comes in a can?
Then you'll probably love:
Fiesta Peach Spam Bake!

1. Slice 1 can of spam into 5 slices, making sure not to slice all the way through. Place spam in a pie plate. Insert cloves in the top of the spam slices.
2. Drain a can of clingstone peaches, saving the syrup. Arrange the peach slices between the spam slices and around the spam in the pie plate.
3. Mix 1/4 cup peach syrup with 2 tbsp brown sugar and pour over the spam. Bake for 35 minutes at 375 degrees. Then serve and enjoy!
And if you're of the vegetarian persuasion, never fear. I've got a recipe that's right up your alley!
Unless you're a real vegetarian and don't eat gelatin as it's an animal by-product.
Then I guess lucky you, you get to skip over these recipe beauties.
But for the rest of you, may I present:
The Veg-All Pie Plate Salad!
1. Mix 1 pkg lemon jello with 1 cup of boiling water and 1 cup of cold water.
2. Drain one can of mixed vegetables and mix into the jello. Pour into a pie plate.
3. Chill until firm, then invert pie plate and serve!


I honestly don't know which one looks worse....
But I think as a joke I might make both of these the next time I have people over for dinner.
I'm going to start practicing my serious face.


1 comment:

  1. That's hysterical, jamie. Imagine people ate like that all the time. So glad those days are gone.

    ReplyDelete