Sunday, February 27, 2011

Academy Awards Predictions

It's that time of year again...
The couture is out in full force, the envelopes are sealed, and the hardware is getting ready to be handed out.
It's Oscar time!


I like to think I have a fairly good track record in predicting the winners so join me in this years predictions.
Don't agree with my list? Let me know who you think is going to win!
Best Picture: The King's Speech
Best Actor: Colin Firth (The King's Speech)
Best Actress: Natalie Portman (Black Swan)
Best Supporting Actor: Christian Bale (The Fighter)
Best Supporting Actress: Melissa Leo (The Fighter)
Adapted Screenplay: The Social Network
Original Screenplay: The King's Speech
Foreign Language Film: Biutiful
Animated Feature Film: Toy Story 3
Director: Darren Aronofsky (Black Swan) (? this one's a guess)
Best Original Song: "Coming Home" (Country Strong) ...though I won't lie, I'm tempted to give it to Randy Newman as he is a musical genius. (Appologies for having to read it rather than see it...not my fault).

I'll try and update along with the show to see how many I get right!
I'm skipping categories like art directions, costume, makeup etc etc cause I've seen two movies nominated. So I'm at a serious disadvantage and most of my guesses are based on buzz and previous awards won.

No comments:

Post a Comment