Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies: a Tale of 3 Recipes

Sunday night I really wanted to bake.
And I'd had a request from last week for soft chocolate chip cookies so I was on a mission.
I found two recipes for soft chocolate chip cookies - one of which called for sour cream - so I was curious to see which would come out the softest.
And then I found a recipe for flourless peanut chocolate chip cookies and wanting to once again use soy butter I was sold on that one also.
I'll put up the recipe for the soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies and then perhaps later in the week I'll add the recipes for the soft cookies and the "peanut" butter cookies.
I differentiated which recipe was which based on size and chocolate chip size.
Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
(recipe with sour cream - the cookies were soft and moist)

Soy Butter Chocolate Chunk



Soft & Chewy Chocolate Chunk Cookies
(sweeter than the others and as the name implies, both soft and chewy)

  • Preheat oven to 35o degrees and set aside baking sheets.
  • In a bowl cream 1 cup butter with 1 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Add in 2 eggs, 1 tbsp vanilla, 1 tsp salt and mix until combined.
  • Add in 2 1/4 cups flour and 1/2 tsp bakng soda and stir until combined.
  • Add in as many chocolate chips or chocolate chunks as desired.
  • Drop spoonfuls of dough ont obaking sheet and press down with wet hands. Bake for 8-10 minutes then let cool and enjoy!

1 comment: