Saturday, December 18, 2010

I Love Christmas Sweaters


Tonight marks the 5th anniversary of the Bad Christmas Sweater Party!
I have to say, I wish I had found a better sweater to properly commemorate 5 years of awful tacky sweaters but I will wear the one I found loud and proud.
I even bought a 'trophy' this year for the winner of the best/worst sweater.

For your entertainment, here are some beauties I googled.


I wish. I wish I could have found this somewhere.
The 10th party. I will create this masterpiece with my own two hands.

And if only I dared....

And while not everyone might appreciate a holiday wardrobe malfunction, I think everyone can appreciate a really good couple shot. I am going to photoshop (read: microsoft paint) my face and John's face onto these shiny, happy people:

And to cap off this post (the 'cap' will be a pun in a sense in a minute, wait for it) here's a recipe for cookies I plan to make this afternoon!

Chocolate Espresso Snowcaps


  • In a medium bowl, sift together 1/2 cup flour, 1/4 cup cocoa, 4 tsp espresso powder, 1 tsp baking powder, and 1/8 tsp salt. With an electric mixer, cream 4 tbsp butter and 2/3 cup brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in 1 egg until well combined; mix in 4 ounces melted, cooled chocolate. With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture; beat in milk until just combined. Flatten dough into a disk; wrap in plastic. Freeze until firm, about 45 minutes.
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Pour confectioners' sugar (about 1/2 cup) into a medium bowl; working in batches, roll balls in sugar two times, letting them sit in sugar between coatings.
  • Place on prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake until cookies have spread and coating is cracked, 12 to 14 minutes; cookies will still be soft to the touch. Cool cookies on a wire rack.


  • No comments:

    Post a Comment