Saturday, October 2, 2010

Apple Cheddar Tart

I'm distressed.
I cannot find my camera anywhere!
It's gone....I mean I know it's somewhere in the apartment but I haven't the foggiest idea wher it could be. I looked in all of the usual spots - the desk, by the window, hidden under cushions on the couch - but it's vanished into thin air!
This means I can't take pictures of the things I've been baking/making
AND I've been putting off my Martha October issue review because the pictures in the magazine are different from the ones on the website.
I'm starting to go a little mental....
WHERE ELSE COULD IT BE!?
On a less stressful note, I got my hair done (highlights touched up and some glazing of the roots) this morning! And then walked for 15 minutes to Topcuts and got myself a snazzy $15 haircut. I took off a good 2-3 inches too! I'm happy with it. All I would change is the layering...which the kind woman at Topcuts did none of. So my hair is kind of thick and unruly at the ends where it usually is nicely layered. But $15 compared to like $60 for a haircut makes my bank account happy.
I also decided I would sort of pamper myself a bit today, seeing as I have a LOT of school work to try and do in the next few hours. I did my toenails a bright pink and redid my nails in a softer, more nude pink. I feel much lovelier on this gloomy day.
Last night, I tried out a recipe from Everyday Food (but my own version which takes literally 5 minute to prep and maybe 25 mins in the oven) . It's so fast and easy and it's really good.
Apple Cheddar Tart

To make this delicious tart:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll out thawed puff pastry into a rectangle and place it on a lightly greased baking sheet.

2. Core 2 apples and cut them into rings, so that the hole where the core was is in the center. Arrange them on the puff pastry.

*OR if you want to be fancier, using a biscuit cutter or cookie cutter, cut out circles from the puff pastry. Place apple ring on the puff pastry circle and then tuck the edges up over top of the apple (like in the picture above). You may need to seal this with a bit of egg wash.

3. Grate marble or cheddar cheese and sprinkle over top of the apples and puff pastry. Put into the oven for about 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the puff pastry has started to brown. Remove from oven, let cool slightly and cut into desired sized peices. Eat while still warm.

There's a few peices of this leftover from last night in the fridge and it's still pretty good cold. But definitely much better when it's straight outta the oven.
I'm off to make some black bottom coconut squares and some madeleines.
I'm going to bring them in to placement on Tuesday and impress my co-workers.
:)
Whadda suck up.

No comments:

Post a Comment