Sunday, August 29, 2010

Parmesan & Rosemary Potato Ciabatta Bead

Let the year of the artisan bread begin!
Yesterday I added to my bread repetoire by baking two different loaves of ciabatta bread.
I was a little disappointed that my ciabatta didn't have the same quality of air bubbles that you see in the professionally baked loaves but all in all, the bread turned out very well.
The first loaf I left plain.


The second loaf I got a bit creative with.
Awhile back I bought a loaf of bread from Loblaws that had thin slices of potato laid across the top. It inspired me to try and make my own.
I placed thin slices of potato on the bread then sprinkled with a little rosemary and then with grated parmesan cheese.
Not only does it look good but it tastes good too.
The potato is an interesting addition, flavour-wise and texture-wise.
It's definitely worthy of becoming a regular recipe in my kitchen.

Bread making is a labour of love but if you're willing to put in the time you can follow the recipe I used here and make your own loaves.
I'm thinking the next one will either be a pumpkin seed adventure or a pumpernickel or rye attempt. OR an olive loaf!
So many options!


No comments:

Post a Comment