Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Good Eats at the Cottage

Today you get a photo compilation of the food from Saturday.
I (obviously) have pictures of the food from Sunday but I'll save them for tomorrow so I don't completely go overboard with food photos today.
We started with mango salsa and shrimp skewers but unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of the shrimp before they were devoured.
The mango salsa recipe I posted a few days back (here) - it's a nice way to change up your salsa.
Robin made a delicious salad of mixed greens, strawberries, goat cheese, and balsamic vinegarette.



Our main was a jerk chicken pizza with a jerk tomato sauce, red onion, pineapple, and buffalo mozzarella.
I've had a few requests to know how the chicken was cooked but John made the chicken and he's currently at work so I'll have to wait and get him to write it down for me.



For dessert we kept it simple but elegant with oven baked peaches, cooked with cinnamon and brown sugar. Then the peaches were topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzled with raspberry coulis - the recipe is also up so just click on the link to get the recipe.
After dinner, we all headed down to the camp fire to enjoy stories and more snacks.
My aunt Wendy made some amazing caramel popcorn!
If I can convince her to give up her secret recipe I'll post it!

And finally, it wouldn't be a campfire without my favourite summer treat:
S'mores!


This is the s'more station I set up on my lap.
Also, you can't see it very well but I'm wearing the wolf sweatshirt I found at Value Village.
My aunt Wendy found much better wolf shirts and grizzly bear shirts which you will see pictures of tomorrow.
My wolves were a bit lack-lustre but it's okay. I've got a mean grizzly t-shirt :)

Off to go make myself look presentable so I can get my licence renewed and finally get a new picture.
Birthday in 2 days!
AH

No comments:

Post a Comment