Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Easy Gift: Gift Baskets

Because I am my mother's daughter, gift giving is in my blood.
Next week is my last week at work for the summer so I've decided to put together a gift basket for the maintenance staff to thank them for all of their hard work.
I'm thinking of making a jar of oven-dried tomatoes that I posted yesterday in a rosemary olive oil and maybe also some of the basil flatbread.
Aside from that, I'm also thinking of making these:

Coffee sachets (ground coffee with a few tsps of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ground cloves), and for the 'savory' factor puff pastry straws with parmesan and black pepper.



Then for the 'sweet' factor I'll bake up some madeleines and some chocolate chip cookie bars.

I can't decide if I want to get a bit of cheese to throw in. I'll probably do that if I make the basil flatbread.

Tonight I'm going to try to make some festival (second post) for the Jamaica reunion party we're having this weekend!
And since I think my sourdough starter may be ready I might attempt a loaf if I have time.
I'll update with baking results tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment