Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Wedding Food!

As I'm sure many of you are aware, I am one of those people who love taking photos of their food.
And I don't discrimminate.
Whether it's food I've made or food someone else has graciously made for me, I will take a picture of it.
Here, for your viewing pleasure, I present to you the photos I took of the food from the wedding.
First up: Ginger Pumpkin Bisque

It was probably one of the best tasting soups I've ever had. I want to try and recreate it. I doubt I'll be able to get it to taste as good but I think come autumn I'm going to be doing a lot of experimenting with pumpkin soups.
Next: Insalata Caprese
Simple and elegant and delicious. I love tomatoes and I love them even more drizzled in blasamic vinegar and olive oil. Add in buffalo mozarella and some basil and forget about it.


Palate cleanser: Ortanique Granita
The first time I had a palate cleansing course was at a fancy Italian place in Ireland with my aunt and uncle and I wondered why I'd never had one before. Actually that might be a lie, I may have had one at an Italian wedding I went to but I was 15 and can't remember things from a decade ago. Regardless, the sorbet/granita idea is fantastic. I also have a good recipe for a healthy melon granita that I'll try and remember to post at some point this summer.

Main course: 1. Herb dusted mahi-mahi fillet with pimento compound butter
2. Roasted chicken breast stuffed with coconut curry sauce
3. Parmesan mashed sweet potato
4. Carmelized brown sugar plantain
5. Roasted local vegetables
We thought we had to choose between the fish and the chicken but surprise! We got to try both. I'm not a big seafood person but the mahi mahi was pretty good. Everything on this plate was incredible and I didn't leave anything behind.

Desert: Coconut rum creme brulee with flambeed bananas
There was a thick layer of rum on the top of this to make it flame up so well. We all discovered this fact when we dug in and put the first spoonful into our mouths. Pure rum. Haha once we stirred it up a bit it was fine. And amazing.
Then there was also wedding cake which I don't think I have a picture of....but it was chocolate with 3 different types of icing layered in. SO GOOD.


Unfortunately I have to get ready to head to work but I will post again tomorrow morning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment