Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Ultimate Oatmeal Cookies

I DID IT!!!

After much practice yesterday, I am happy to report that I have successfully mastered the art of the fishtail braid.

This is a victorious face, despite the fact that it looks like I'm in pain.

I promised the staff at work that I would make them cookies so this morning I decided to raid my baking cupboard and throw together a cookie loaded with ingredients.
May I present to you

Jamie's Ultimate Oatmeal Cookie

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and evenly spread 1/2 cup of shredded coconut over the surface. Toast in the oven for 5 minutes.
2. In a bowl, mix together 2/3 cup butter and 1 cup of brown sugar and beat until fluffy. Add in 1 egg and 1 tbsp of vanilla extract and mix until combined.
3. In a seperate bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups oats and 1 cup flour with 1/2 tsp of baking soda, 1/2 tsp baking powder, and 1/4 tsp of salt. Mix into the butter mix in 3 additions, stiring well after each.
4. Add in the toasted coconut and 1/2 cup chocolate chips. If you like raisins, add in 1/2 cup raisins. Mix until combined.
5. On the same parchment lined cooking sheet you used to toast the coconut, drop spoonfulls of the dough onto the parchment and bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Let cool, then enjoy!
Today, tomorrow, then cottage weekend begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment