Monday, June 28, 2010

Packing Woes



I've been in the process of packing for about a week now and I'm sad to say that I am no closer to being done now than I was this time last week.

Having conquered the all important first step, I can admit that I have a problem.

Hi, my name is Jamie and I am a compulsive over-packer.

This is my suitcase as of 5 minutes ago.

I know...

Yes, I realize I'm only going for 10 days - but who's to say I WON'T wear 6 pairs of shorts, 6 dresses, 3 skirts and a jumper in that time?

That didn't even convince me....I need to go through and be tough with my clothing. I've tried going through it realistically but was only able to take out one dress and one shirt.

Yikes.

I still need to make room for my toiletries, jewelry, sunglasses (another problem I have...perhaps upon my return I will count how many pairs I wore), running shoes (cause I'm determined not to come back as a plump deep fried person).....what else?


Ok, indulge me here for a second. I'm going to try and talk to myself rationally in the third person.

Does Jamie really need more than 6 bikinis? For 10 days? 2 of which will be entirely consumed with wedding prep? No.

Does Jamie know the truth about those shirts that she packed while saying to herself "I'm going to pack it cause I might wanna wear it"? She's not going to wear them. Take them out.


I could always get a bigger suitcase.....


NO!

Be strong.

You can do this.

You can pack like a reasonable person.


But so help you if I get down there and want to wear one of the things I unpacked....



Sorry if you're a big fan of the movie....but this clip is waaaayy better


Anywhoooo

I promised to make John a seafood pasta for dinner so I better get on that....and then go man to man against my suitcase once and for all.


OH!

I don't know if I posted a pic before but here is a (small - sorry) picture of what my bridesmaid dress looks like! Only imagine it in a light pink :)

No comments:

Post a Comment