Thursday, May 6, 2010

Orange Chocolate Espresso Thin Cookies

Bonjour!
Sorry I didn't blog yesterday - had a mommy-daughter date so I was busy cooking, cleaning (so she wouldn't judge the state of my bathroom haha) and then lounging with her :)
It was a lovely night.
Thanks for the company, mom.
I'm going to keep this post on the shorter side as well only because I'm running a bit late today...because I watched Glee and Lost and slept in later than I normally do.
Umm for those of you who are also Lost fans.......did you not sob like a baby!? I haven't cried that hard since Charlie.
Today's recipe is one I promised last time.
Sorry the picture does not look appetizing at all. I promise they taste really good!
Orange Chocolate Espresso Thin Cookies

  • Beat 1 cup of butter, 1 cup of icing sugar, 1 tsp orange zest, and 1 tsp vanilla extract together. Mix until pale and fluffy.
  • Add in 1 1/2 cups flour, 1/2 cup cocoa powder, 1 1/2 tsp instant espresso powder, and 1/2 tsp salt. Mix until just combined.
  • Place dough onto parchment paper and shape into a log. Wrap in parchment paper and place into a paper towel tube to ensure a nice round shape. Chill for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight.
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut dough log into 1/4 inch thick slices. Place cookies onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Brush tops of cookies with water and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
  • Bake or 15-17 minutes then enjoy!

That's it that's all!

I'll post again tomorrow. Promise. And again on Saturday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment