Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Happy (Belated) Birthday to a Wonderful Aunt!



It was my Aunt Wendy's birthday on Monday and I didn't get a chance to make her a happy birthday blog on her actual day (confession: the one that I posted on Monday was written on Saturday and delayed). And since she is a very active follower of my blog it's only appropriate that she get the birthday shout out she deserves!
So!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUNT WENDY!!!
I hope you had a fabulous day and I know you had some very good news to celebrate this year as well! Congratulations there will be in order once I see it officially announced via the all mighty facebook haha.
My Aunt is incredible - she is probably the craftiest person I know, she can organize events like nobody's business (see last summer's cottage fam jam for a perfect example). She is a very loving and devoted mother to her sons and daughters-in-law, and she is a beautiful grandmother - though you'd never guess she was old enough to have grandchildren by looking at her! She feeds my love of all things Christmas and has been one of the biggest supporters of this blog from the very first post.
For inspiring and motivating me to keep finding and trying and sharing new recipes
THANK YOU!
And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
So, Wendy, I decided that in honour of your birthday I am going to post a recipe that I always associate with you. In fact it even carries your name.
The Wendy Dip

(Photo not of actual dip, rather it was stolen from a google search)

To make this dip:

  • Mix together 1 block of cream cheese, softened, and 1 small tub of sour cream (about 2 cups).
  • Mix in 1/2 pkg of taco seasoning. Spread the mixture out in a serving bowl.
  • On top, sprinkle diced tomato, green onion, and grated cheddar cheese.
  • Serve with tortilla chips and watch how fast this disappears!

***If desired you could also add black olives or even ground beef.

I'll post again tomorrow cause I have the morning off.

Happy Birthday again Aunt Wendy! Sorry I missed you on the actual day!

Love you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment