Friday, April 23, 2010

Summer time = Sangria time

Friday!!!
I have a whole lotta nothing planned for today except for some sun, some studying, getting togther with my sister and then I'm going to head over to my parent's place to cheer up my mom who's been feeling kind of down lately.
How am I going to cheer her up, you ask?
With the solution to (and often cause of) everyone's problems!
Alcohol!
Since it's so nice outside my sister suggested we hit up a patio for lunch and sangria. I suggested grabbing some ingredients and making a sangria at home for our mom. So that's the plan!
Sangria is easy to make and it's so good.
Jamie's Sangria

(this is not a photo of my sangria, I stole this from google)
To make this easy and delicious sangria you will need:
  • 1 bottle of red wine (or white wine if you prefer)
  • 1/2 L of sprite or 7-up (I'll be using diet)
  • 1 cup of orange juice
  • 2 shots of Malibu rum/peach shnapps/Grand Marnier
  • 1 orange, sliced
  • 1 lemon, sliced
  • 1 lime, sliced
  • 1 peach/nectarine, sliced
  • Handful each of cherries and grapes

Mix all of that together and serve over ice!

I'm quite excited.
I'm heading outside now to get some sun while I read 2 more chapters for my LAST EXAM on Tuesday!!!
I leave for Montreal tomorrow morning and I'm bringing my laptop with me for P90X purposes...if we have internet access I'll try to post some stuff over the weekend.
Have a great one!
Mom - a better mood is only a few short hours away! Hang in there :)
Aunt Wendy - enjoy Rome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment