Friday, March 26, 2010

Lazy Weekend Breakfast

Clinical was canceled today and it was definitely a good thing because after I went back to sleep (at 6 am) I woke up again at 7 with a splitting headache.
Darn these chanes in pressure.
Stop wrecking havoc on my head.
Anyway I'm feeling slightly more human now and getting ready to go out.
And it's the weekend!
I have a busy weekend lined up - mainly tomorrow - and I'm looking forward to it.
Tomorrow morning I want to have breakfast on the balcony. Even if it's cold. I want to cuddle up in blankets and warm sweaters and have endless cups of coffee and scrambled eggs while watching the city wake up.
Can you tell I'm ready for a time-out from school/work?
I found a good looking recipe on Martha for scrambled eggs (even though I'm pretty sure no one could hold a candle to the scrambled eggs John makes) and this particular recipe comes straight from Barbara Walters:
Barbara Walters' Scrambled Eggs

(Photo and Recipe courtesy of marthastewart.com)
1. In a small bowl, combine 2 eggs, 1 tbsp milk, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp chives, and 2 tbsp chopped swiss cheese. Beat ingredients together with a fork and set aside.
2. Heat 1 tbsp butter in a small nonstick skillet until melted. Add egg mixture. Using a heatproof rubber spatula, gently pull the eggs from the side of the skillet. As the eggs start to set, stir them gently until curds form, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate; serve immediately.
I'd much rather be eating this breakfast on a balcony more along the lines of this.....

But I can wait for Summer. I'm looking forward to spring.
P.S. one successful week (4 days...) of exercising & eating well! Only 3 more months to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment