Monday, January 4, 2010

Roasted Zucchini with Thyme

I've got another healthy recipe for you today but before we get into that I must confess that so far my year of healthy living has not been uber successful. I've had chocolate, cinnamon buns, apple pie, etc etc. Uh oh. AND this morning being a Monday was supposed to be my gym day BUT since John and I have very opposite schedules today I thought it'd be better if I spent the morning with him. Once he left for work this is what my morning has consisted of:

Three essentials. Actually four but the TV isn't shown. My snuggie, my laptop, and the phone, just in case.

I know, I know. Good luck getting incredibly fit with this lifestyle. So I'm getting up (not getting dressed though) and doing this:

Yayyy! Not yoga, just my exercises. I have a Shape magazine from like 2 years ago that has a really good workout play for Mon, Wed, and Fri. I did it for 2 weeks before I went to Cuba and it did work so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Plus I've got 6 months so....

Ok - Roasted Zucchini with Thyme!

(Thanks Martha Stewart)

  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Quarter and cut 3 zucchini into 1 1/2 inch thick chunks. Thinly slice 1 onion and place zucchini and onion on a baking sheet.
  2. Toss zucchini and onion with 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp of dried thyme, 1/2 salt, and 1 tsp pepper (Martha says 1/8 tsp but I like pepper so too bad).
  3. Roast for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through.

So nutritious and so easy! I've got 2 zucchini in the fridge so I'm thinking I may do this and take it to work with me.

Hope everyone who's back to the daily grind today has a wonderful Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment