Friday, January 1, 2010

Farewell to 2009

It's January! Now that the Christmas Holidays are officially behind us for another year, it is time for me to move on to bigger and better (no such thing as anything better than Christmas) things for the next 11 months. It's time to get back to my 'Good Things' List! So here we go:
Good Things for January

Number one on my list is Glysomed handcream. What I hate most about winter, apart from the blistering cold, is the havoc it wreaks on my skin. And my hair, but we'll leave that alone for the time being. My skin turns to alligator scales and becomes red and itchy. Yes friends, I have the itis. Dermititis, that is. The skin on my hands expecially becomes inflammed and soooo itchy. I hate it. Glysomed is a life-saver because it pulls moisture back into the skin. John's aunt actually informed me that glysomed is a great cure for dry lips also - and she's right! While it's not the nicest taste it certainly does help your lips!

Champagne!
This is obviously for New Years but since January is a long, cold, dark month, why not celebrate with some champagne/sparkling wine more often? There are some good ones that are fairly reasonably priced. One I particularly like is Martini Asti. I used to always get the 1.5 L bottle of Presidente but since maturing (a bit) I prefer to compromise quantity for quality. Champagne hangovers aren't too pleasant. All those bubbles..... but it makes for a nice and fancy happy hour and I looooooooove champagne flutes. I want an entire shelf of them.




Cleaning!
It's too early for Spring Cleaning but as it's the start of a new year I like to literally start with a clean slate. I used to go through my stuff and get rid of old clothes, clean out my desk, under my bed, etc. I may do the same thing this year. Clutter accumulates so quickly and I do not like it. I need a big house (or several houses) so that I can acheive the simplistic decorating I want without having to toss stuff that I can't bear to part with.

Fruits and Vegetables.
As part of my healthy living initiative/get really good looking by July 1st plan, I'm going to try buying, cooking, and eating new fruits and vegetables to keep it interesting and to keep my little mitts from reaching into the junk food. I'm not going to make outrageous claims and say I'm swearing off sugar completely because that would be a lie. And a dangerous predicament as John would likely come home one night to me sitting on the kitchen floor surrounded by cookie crumbs with chocolate smeared across my face. Not pretty. It'll be my quest to find new and exciting ways to keep veggies interesting.


Lastly, Exercise.
Oh, hello Hal Johnson and Joanne McCloud. What's that? We should all be aiming to include 30-60 minutes of cardiovascular exercise at least 3 days a week? And strength training to keep our body's strong? You don't say! My plan is going to be to get on the elliptical Mondays and Wednesdays, and either Fridays or a weekend day as well. I will also up my squats and lunges from none to 3 sets of 15 a few times a week, start doing arm exercises, etc. By July I will be glorious. Hahaha that sounds like a Xerxes comment. Anyway, I know it will be every person's resolution to step up their physical activity but I'm sticking to my guns on this one. I was an avid runner until I did something terrible to my knee last May. I haven't run in months so perhaps I'll give it a go again and see if I can get myself in a position to do the Sporting Life 10 K again this year.

Well ladies and gents, I hope you all had a wonderful New Years Eve and celebrated it with the people you love. I wish you all a healthy, happy, and all-around amazing 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment