Monday, December 21, 2009

4 Days 'Til Christmas! (Day 21)

Oh my, I almost forgot to blog again today! I've watched 3 episodes back to back to back of season 4 of Dexter. That show is so good. I finally got up to do the dishes and clean up a little. John and I are off tomorrow night to see Jersey Boys with my family and we're hosting a small dinner party for them before hand. John's taking care of pretty much the entire meal and I'm going to do desert. I did attempt to make a bouche de noel but it's not iced yet so I may do that tomorrow. It didn't roll properly but it does taste delicious. I also bought a panettone so I might make a panettone bread pudding too....decisions, decisions!
Here's my table setting so far. It's very preliminary as I have all day tomorrow to tidy and set up. Please note my napkin rings. Bought them in October. Waaaaaay before Halloween at the William Ashley sale. Thanks Marion for taking me along! I mean they're not the nicest napkin rings but when you get 12 of them for $3.50...
The table cloth is from dollarama and is covering our nicer table cloth that matches the napkins. Thank you John's mom.
Now, John has a good friend named Adam. If you ever have a party, invite this guy. He is polite, good fun, and he brings host/hostess gifts. The picture above is what he brought for me. This guy obviously knows me. I was all set to make some of these cookies but I have about 1/4 cup of flour left so they will have to wait until tomorrow. I'm pretty sure these cookie cutters are Williams Sonoma. Gosh I love that store.

In other news, I am more or less completely finished my christmas shopping! My sister (who is now determined to learn fluent french) and I went and bought our dad's gift today and I also picked up my gift for my secret santa in our family's cousin-gift-exchange. I want to supplement it a bit more though. Maybe something from the LCBO.

AND because I feel compelled to provide you with a recipe or a craft or anything other than my ramblings, here are some ideas for host/hostess gifts if you should find yourself hitting up a Christmas or Holiday party sometime this week!

*All of these are available for under $25:


Williams Sonoma Peppermint Bark
The rest are from Kitchen Stuff Plus:

This bar set is awesome. We have one.
Cookie cutters. Basic and great if your host is a baker.

Complete wine tool kit.

Til tomorrow! I'll let you know what desert I decide on.

No comments:

Post a Comment