Sunday, December 6, 2009

19 Days 'til Christmas! (Day 6)


Apart from baking, and spending time with my friends and family, and eating, etc, one of my most favourite parts of the Christmas holidays is listening to Christmas music!
You really only get to listen to it for 25 days of the year....without being spoken to, anyway, if you live in my apartment. 25/365 is not a good percentage. If you got that on a test you would have a big fat 6.8% in red marker. And a note telling you that your teacher wants to meet with you. And your parents.

But I digress....

Anyway, to give you a break from all of the baking you've undoubtedly been doing (a la the recipes I've been posting), here are my top 10 christmas songs.
*This list is subject to change as I definitely have more than 10 favourites and cutting the list down to 10 actually may hurt me*

In no particular order, here are some of my favourite Christmas songs!

  1. Mariah Carey - All I want for Christmas is you (I have listened to this song approximately 1 x 109 [the 9 should be above the ten but what can you do] times in my life and I am still not sick of it)
  2. Carol of the Bells - Trans Siberian Orchestra (don't pretend this song doesn't make you want to fist pump)
  3. Oh Holy Night - Vienna Boy's Choir (the "fall on your knees" part makes me wish I was religious 'cause it moves me....seriously)*The youtube video makes me laugh. The kid is so into it (sarcasm) and I think I detect a lisp...
  4. Little Saint Nick - Beach Boys (this whole Christmas album, really. It's our decorating-the-tree traditional musical accompaniment courtesy of my dad's love affair with Brian Wilson)
  5. Dance of the Sugar plum Fairy - Tchaikovsky from the Nutcracker (obvious reasons)
  6. Someday at Christmas - Stevie Wonder (a lesser known one but a good one none-the-less)
  7. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee (no Christmas mix CD should be without this classic)
  8. Baby Please Come Home - Darlene Love (My dad used to make me watch her perform on Letterman, love this song)
  9. Mr. Grinch - d'uh
  10. What's This? - Jack Skelington from A Nightmare Before Christmas (it's an odd choice but I loves me this song)
I'm sure I'll be adding runners-up and maybe even doing some rearranging as I go through my 60-odd song Christmas playlist.

Download them and add them to your playlist!
And PLEASE if you have any favourites of your own, tell me them so I can add to my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment