Monday, December 7, 2009

18 Days 'Til Christmas! (Day 7)

Continuing on in the theme of favourites, today's post will be about my favourite holiday movies!

I have no doubt that not everyone will agree with my choices, and some will contest my decision to leave out classics like A Miracle on 34th street, It's A Wonderful Life, Die Hard, etc.
But.... these are the three movies (excluding the TV specials of the Grinch, Rudolph, Frosty, etc) that I watch every year. For the last few years anyway.

Here they are (in no order of preference):




Elf! How can you not love this movie? I'm not committing 100% to this statement, but it's possible that my favourite line in this movie is when Buddy's leaving the North Pole, saying goodbye to his friends.
"Bye Buddy"
"Bye Mr. Narwhal!"


Forget Christmas, I would watch this movie any day of the year. I meant to add the version of "I'm dreaming of a white christmas" from this movie to my list of favourites. It's such a good version with the low voice and the very high voice....definitely one that I sing like a fool to when I'm alone.
P.S. Marv - I love you.

Another staple. Perhaps the best of the National Lampoon movies. The scene where the cat is nibbling on the wire for the tree lights and electrocutes itself...the first time I saw this movie I laughed so hard I had tears streaming down my face.
Probably also the best flip out in cinematic history.
"Hallelujah, Holy shit. Where's the Tylenol"
Amen, Sparky, amen.

And there you have it, my top 3 must watch movies of the holiday season.
Much like my musical list, please feel free to add your two cents and share some movies that you watch every year!

No comments:

Post a Comment