Tuesday, December 8, 2009

17 Days 'til Christmas! (Day 8)


Ohhhh we're so close to Christmas now. Once we get passed 15 days... home stretch.

I've got a good appetizer for you today. It's a bit pricey depending on where you buy cheese but it's so good and I've never had any left over when I make it. It's one of the first that disappears from the cheese platter.

Brie en Croute

Very easy to make and it looks so fancy.
All you need is:
  • Brie (your choice size-wise - Camembert works well in this recipe too)
  • A box of puff pastry dough
  1. Make sure you take out the puff pastry dough to thaw ahead of time.
  2. Roll out the dough so that it will cover the brie.
  3. Place the brie in the puff pastry and cover completely.
  4. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
It's best served warm because the cheese is all melted and delicious... mmmm.
I've already commissioned my dad to buy me like 4 little rounds of brie so I could "en croute" the heck out of 'em. Delicious. Plus they're on sale at the No Frills he shops at so he's said he'll purchase a ton of them.

Happy en crouting!

No comments:

Post a Comment