Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Make-it-yourself Gift Idea

The weekend always comes and goes so quickly.

I had a wonderful weekend in Ottawa with my family. My mom, sister, and I went down to spend some time with our grandmother. We took her out to do some shopping on Saturday and I bought the startings of my wreath!
I got all of the above supplies from Michael's - an amazing craft store I can't seem to locate in Toronto. I'll have to yellowpages.ca it and find the nearest one to me. I have the wreath hanging on the door but nothing's been put into it yet. It'll be a miracle if John doesn't scowl at it in all of it's naked pine glory so I won't push it too far just yet. The decorating will come in December.
This past Wednesday John asked me to bake some madeleine's for a girl that he works with as her birthday had been a few days before. She's a nice girl although I've never met her. She always takes my side (team "roommate"), even tried to convince John to get a cat. An unsuccessful endeavour as of yet but we're still working on it. So I was happy to bake her some cookies. I also thought it would be nicer to wrap them up rather than give them to her in a tupperware container. I have this problem where I keep gift wrapping...in a giant gift bag in my bedroom closet....so I found a box and put some gold wrapping paper on it, then tied a ribbon around it and added a bow. It looked nice in the end:

I was proud of my handiwork.

Anyway that's all for today. I have to go read some chapters for my test on Tuesday.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment