Friday, October 16, 2009

I Give Needles!

I know this has nothing to do with "Good Things" but...
I gave my first needle today!
How exciting.
I gave erythropoeitin (which is a subcutaneous injection) in the guy's arm. It looked something like this only you administer it in the fatty area that hangs from your arm, not the bicep. And you wear gloves.



I was suuuuper nervous but also very excited. It went a lot better than I was expecting and the poor patient was so patient (ba-doom-ch) with me cause I was talking to my clinical instructor the entire time I was giving him the injection hahaha. I'm fine with sub-Q cause the needles are only like 5/8 of an inch long...the intermuscular ones....that's going to be scary. We've been told to give 'em in the bum too to minimize the risk of hitting a vein, etc.
Anyway, just wanted to share!
I'll update tonight/this weekend with food-related stuffs.
P.S.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISTIAN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment