Monday, September 14, 2009

Reaping the Harvest

I love gardens.
I had an amazing one last summer, when I was still living with my parents and had ample backyard space in which to plant tomatoes, lettuce, okra, onion, corn, carrots, and zucchini. I even threw an autumn dinner party to use up all of the remaining vegetables once summer was over.
This summer I planted slightly less in my parents yard but since I was working I didn't really tend to it, nor did any other member of my family.
Insert embarrassed face.
Anyway, a lot of it went wasted but my favourite grew just as well as it did last year. Here is one of the monster zucchini my garden produced:




And just because it's kind of hard to make out just how large it actually is -

A Tic-Tac box for size reference.

I'm very excited about the options I have for using this. Zucchini bread? Zucchini chocolate cake? Just straight up grilled zucchini?
Mmmmmm.

Have a great week :)



No comments:

Post a Comment