Monday, August 24, 2009

My 24th Birthday

Earlier this month I turned 24 -
one more year before I have to grow up and deal with a quarter life crisis.
But birthdays mean cake and this year was a bountiful one.


I made what I've called "sunshine" cupcakes for my guests. They are lemon based and came complete with Martha's seven minute frosting adhering the sugar cookies and sour candies to the tops. They were tasty.

My best friend, knowing that Angel food is one of my all time favourites, baked up this delicious masterpeice and topped it with a splash of liquer, strawberries, raspberries and mint. I was impressed as were my tastebuds. The cake vanished from the party very soon after its arrival.

My other friend who is quickly turning into a Cake Boss brought these creative cupcakes to the party. She's a wiz with fondant and I won't lie, I was very tempted to say that I had made these. Also - I ate the remainder of these the next day - once I recovered from my hangover, obviously.

So that was 24.

25 is going to be a year of fantastic cakes but for the next 11 months I'll enjoy my last year of young adulthood and all of the holiday crafts and baked goods that fall between now and next August.

Till next time


No comments:

Post a Comment